Thursday 19 April 2018

MOMOLAND 3rd Mini Album Great! - Album Review

Now I've been interested in this K-Pop group called MOMOLAND since debut, but never really committed to being a fan of the group until recently. Their latest release Bboom Bboom was what finally convinced me to look into the group more. Honestly Bboom Bbbom is one of the best K-Pop songs I've heard for a while. I ended up buying their recent album Great!, so here is a review of the album.



Great! is MOMOLAND's 3rd Mini Album and was released in January 2018. The album only comes in one version and is quite a large album. It's one of the largest ones in my collection now and is only slightly larger than Crayon Pop's Evolution Pop but not as wide. The mini album includes the following:

  • CD - 6 track album
  • Photobook - 80 pages
  • Photocard - Great! version
  • Photocard - Selfie version

The mini album's design is quite simple and features white and red tones. The front features the group's logo and the title track Bboom Bboom is written in holographic print. The back cover has the track listing and the group's logo once more. The album is your typical K-Pop album that opens like a book with the CD stuck inside and the photobook on one side. The CD features the red/white tones like the rest of the album and is held in by a small tab.





Now for some photobook spam! I took lots of pictures of the photobook to show how beautiful it was! The photobook contains 80 pages which is amazing and has stunning photos of all the group members. The photos feature different themes: cereal, formal, arcade and quirky. Each one of the themes has the girls wearing outfits that match the theme. I called the first one cereal because of the backdrop and this theme has the girls wearing their MMLD sweatshirts with tutus. The formal one features their more professional looking attire and the arcade one has fun casual wear. The quirky one features their well known look of MOMOLAND logo sweatshirts and tutus once more. I need one of these logo sweatshirts, they look so comfy! There a few other photos of different outfits scattered throughout the photo book as well as some selfie shoots. Here's a bunch of photo's from the photobook:











Great! contains not one but two photocards! You get a photocard representing the album design and another that is a selfie card. Not much of a photocard collector myself, but it's always nice to collect them. They are your normal photocard size and quality. I got Daisy's card for the Great one and Yeonwoo for the selfie one which are both nice cards. Would've liked to have gotten JooE's card as she's my main girl in MOMOLAND, but I'm also quite a fan of Daisy so that was nice. The back of the photocards has a really cute design.


Daisy & Yeonwoo's Great! Photocards

Back design of Photocards.

Onto the songs on the album. Great! features 6 tracks, five new songs and the instrumental of an older song. My top track on the album would be Bboom Bboom of course because it's my type of fun, upbeat and catchy song. I wish K-Pop groups released more songs that sounded like this. Same Same is another favourite of mine on the album and the instrumentals of course as I always appreciate when companies include those on albums (looking at your Pledis for stopping including Orange Caramel ones). The album includes the instrumental of the EDM version of Wonderful Love which was featured on MOMOLAND's previous Mini Album Freeze.

The tracks on MOMOLAND's 3rd Mini Album Great! include:

  1. Bboom Bboom 뿜뿜
  2. I'm Curious 궁금해
  3. Same Same
  4. Fly
  5. Bboom Bboom 뿜뿜 (Instrumental)
  6. Wonderful Love 어마어마해 (EDM. Version) (Instrumental)

Digital Version Cover of Great!

I was quite pleased with this mini album and enjoyed all the tracks on the CD. And the photobook is amazing, definitely worth buying just for that. The photocards were super cute and the ideal size to fit into my photocard wallet. I've ordered another MOMOLAND album for my collection from YesAsia which is their first Mini Album Welcome to MOMOLAND. Looking forward to receiving that soon. If you would like to get a copy of Great! for yourself or someone you know who is a fan of the group, you can order it from most online K-Pop stores. I brought mine from YesAsia and that's where I ordered their other album from as well. Great! is also available on iTunes and Spotify if you would like to listen to the album or maybe if you're more of a digital person rather than collecting physical albums. I definitely think this album is worth buying in physical form if you are a fan of the group just for the photobook alone. I do have to admit I prefer the digital cover of Great! to the psychical one as the girls look stunning and I'm more a group photo cover person than a boring plain logo one.

Here is the MV for Bboom Bboom if you haven't seen it already as well as the dance practice version. Warning, this song will get stuck in your head.





No comments:

Post a Comment