Sunday 6 May 2018

Dream Ami アマハル Amaharu - Single Review (CD Only Edition)

Finally got my copy of Dream Ami's new single アマハル Amaharu, so it's time for the review! The MV and single were released last month and I only just received my copy of the single. It's absoutely amazing as usual and the album design is stunning!


アマハル Amaharu is Dream Ami's sixth single and was released on April 18th 2018. The single is available in three edition: CD Only, CD+DVD Edition & CD+2DVD Fan Club Edition. The fan club edition is only sold on the E-girls FAMILY OFFICAL SHOP, LDH Official Mobile Shop & Mu-Mo store. I got the CD Only edition as it was the only one within my budget. Would've loved to have gotten the CD+DVD edition which comes with the full concert of Dream Ami's recent tour, but it was quite expensive. I will try to get hold of a copy in the future though as it's definitely one I'd love for my collection. The single comes with the following:
  • CD - 4 Track Album
  • Lyrics Booklet
  • Jewel Case
  • Cardboard Sleeve 
  • Plastic Cover

アマハル Amaharu single in the plastic sleeve.

The design of アマハル Amaharu is quite similar to Dream Ami's past single. It features a magenta colour scheme and Ami pictured with various butterflies and heart shaped cobwebs. I really like Ami's hair colour for the single, this darker blonde/auburn colour suits her quite well compared to her usual blonde hair. The quality of the cardboard sleeve is great as always and the album came in a plastic sleeve which I love. The front and back of the cardboard sleeves have different images to the front and back of the jewel case. So you get more lovely pictures with the album instead of the same ones on both cases.

Front Cover of cardboard sleeve.

Back cover of cardboard sleeve.

Cardboard sleeve front cover and jewel case front cover.


Cardboard sleeve back cover and jewel case back cover.

Back and front covers of the jewel case.

The interior of the jewel case features the same magenta colour scheme and has a plain pattern to it. There is some album credits and copyright information in the interior. The CD is simple and cute and the part holding the CD is quite sturdy. Took some effort to get the CD out but at least that keeps the disc safe in shipping. The lyrics booklet is just one page and contains the lyrics to both songs on the album. No photocard this time as Dream Ami releases tend to never have them. I only ever got one in my first Ami single that I brought Lovefool ~Sukidatte Itte~ and I don't believe any other releases have them.

Interior of アマハル Amaharu single.

アマハル Amaharu lyric booklet.

Now onto the songs! アマハル Amaharu features only four tracks with two new songs and the two instrumentals. The title track was used as the CM song for Bourbon Oishii Coconut Milk and the sound of te track reminded me of Saitei na Start from Dream Ami's RE:Dream album. The second track No Idea is an upbeat tune and reminds me of music they play in bubble tea and Japanese stationery shops. I was quite pleased with the two new songs and the instrumentals are great as usual. The single features the following tracks:
  1. アマハル Amaharu
  2. ノーアイディア No Idea
  3. アマハル Amaharu (Instrumental)
  4. ノーアイディア No Idea (Instrumental)

Track listing on the cardboard sleeve cover.

I pre-ordered and received my copy of アマハル Amaharu from YesAsia which is were I've ordered all my Dream Ami singles from. The single is available on all other online music stores from Japan such as Amazon Japan and CDJapan. I hope the next few singles from Dream Ami feature a similar colour aethestic as all the singles from her first album had a pastel tone to them and this new single has a new tone to it. The covers for the CD+DVD and CD+2DVD Fan Club Edition were as gorgeous as the CD Only edition . Here's some pictures of the two covers.

アマハル Amaharu CD+DVD Edition

アマハル Amaharu CD+2DVD Fan Club Edition

The title track アマハル Amaharu does have an MV which I've posted below.


No comments:

Post a Comment