Wednesday 15 November 2017

Disney Magical World 2 - Trip Down Memory Lane

Last month I finally 100% completed Disney Magical World 2 on the 3DS. I made a previous post talking about completing the game and my game percentage was actually over 100% because I had downloaded the DLC items. I noted that I would post my collection of pictures from the game and I finally collated them all together. 

Disney Magical World 2 is a adorable game that lets you talk photos when playing the game. I had lots of fun talking silly photos with various Disney characters using the greetings feature. You unlock different greetings in the game, some normal everyday greetings and lots of ridiculous ones. My favourite poses were the outrageous ones like appearing surprised and looking up. I ended up with quite a collection of pictures of my character posing in a silly fashion.











One of my favourite worlds in the game was the Lilo and Stitch world. I guess that's because Lilo and Stitch is my favourite Disney franchise. Managed to get some good pictures with the characters. The one with my character look surprised at the Hula contest is one of my favourites. I still have it set as my profile picture in the game.




Disney Magical World features a number of holidays such as Halloween, Christmas and Easter. Special items are available to unlock and craft during each holiday period in the game and the main characters will wear special holiday themed outfits. I wish you could get their outfits in game because Minnie Mouse and Daisy's outfits are always so adorable!!


Christmas time!

Aren't these Easter outfits cute?

Halloween time!

Besides Lilo and Stitch, Disney Magical World features other Disney themed worlds. The game includes Snow White, 100 Acre Wood (Winnie The Pooh), Frozen, Alice in Wonderland and the Little Mermaid. You can mine for special minerals in the Snow White world and harvest special seeds into flowers and food items in the 100 Acre Wood. There is also unique fish available to catch in each world as well as special items needed for crafting items such as furniture and clothing. Some worlds will have basic quests and others have ones where you need to fight ghosts. The Winnie the Pooh world had some of the funniest story lines as shown in the pictures below.


Frozen fun times!

100 Acre Wood Adventures


If you collect puzzle pieces from all the different Disney characters who appear in the game, you can visit dreams themed around each character. There's a bunch of activities to do in each dream stage and you earn nice points which can be used to purchase special items or grant charms. I've already posted some pictures of dreams above but my favourite dream picture has to be this one of my character in the Sleeping Beauty dream. It's just hilarious and makes me laugh everytime I see it.

When your brain won't switch off at night when you're trying to sleep.

Disney Magical World 2 doesn't have any online features to rave about. You can invite guests into your game from and they will appear around Castleton. If you streetpass someone else with the game, their character will appear in your game. My friends and I had a laugh at each other's characters showing up. Here's a picture of my friend's character appearing in my game saying his catchphrase.


Sup?

My ultimate favourite part of Disney Magical World 2 isn't the amazing clothing, being able to run around collecting items, the dancing mini game or gardening hybrid seeds. It has to be the Carrot Man. When I first started playing the game, this NPC appeared wearing this carrot outfit. I thought it was the most bizarre thing and he always had something interesting to say. Eventually I found out you could craft the carrot suit, but wearing it wasn't the same as coming across Carrot Man and his wisdom.


Carrot Man provides some wise advice.

At the moment, I've been playing the first game in the series recently however it's nowhere as good as the second one. I talked about this in my original Disney Magical World 2 post but I find the items are too expensive to craft or buy and it's impossible to earn large amounts of coins quickly. Also the items you need to craft items drop at a random rate so you hardly ever get the rare items during quests. I've used the top item drop cards, done a quest for over 20 minutes and not found the items I needed. Such as waste of time. The game is super cute though and you really do notice all the improvements they made in the second one. I do enjoy collecting the cards in the first one, they should've kept that feature in. If a third game in the series comes out in the future, I'd definitely buy it as I enjoy cute and simple games like these. It's be interesting to see which worlds they would include in the next game. I'd like to see maybe Toy Story as that's a classic Disney film.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the picture of You And Anna and
    Elsa when Anna asks you to take a photo with you not in the dream But It the Anna is in her summer Outfit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I had that picture saved, these were just the ones I ended up keeping over the course of playing. I do remember that scene, maybe I'll have to go back and take a photo :)

      Delete