Friday 1 December 2017

Style Boutique 3 Play Journal - Too Many Cute Dresses!

So I've been playing New Style Boutique 3: Styling Star non-stop whenever I've had free time. Clocked up about 17 or 18 hours in it so far and I think I'm about 3/4 through the main story line. It's a fun game so far and definitely not what I originally thought it would be like. I thought from the marketing that it would focus more on the idol part and performances, but I've found it's more about serving customers and learning more about their lives.



First off, I have to say the new items in the game are amazing! My favourite items have to be the new dresses that are available from brands such as Marzipan Sky and Raven Candle. They are absolutely gorgeous and look stunning on your character. Here's some photos of some of the ones I've come across and there's many more to be found in the game.


Outfit from Marble Lily.

Dress from Marzipan Sky (comes in a range of colours)

Example of a dress from Raven Candle & the customers dress is from Raven Candle as well.

The addition of watches, bracelets, bangles and headphones was a great idea and they add that extra pop to an outfit. There's a wide range of new outers that are quite interesting and some look like giant sacks with bows. Streetflow was removed and the items are been spread across different brands such as April Bonbon. The stock space at your shop has been increased so there's plenty of room to buy as many items as you wallet will allow!

What on earth is this top from April Bonbon?

I regret giving the customer this outfit, that sack outer is terrible.

I'm still yet to unlock the last two brands at the Exhibition Hall and I like how they brought back the sale feature there. On the 5th, 15th and 25th of each month, two brands hold a sale and it's a good time to stock up on items. So far, Connie from April Bonbon is my favourite brand representative as she looks so adorable and I love her hair colour! The outfit she gave me as a gift was an interesting combination of items.




The story of the game is full of lots of characters and different plot lines. The main story is about three girls on their journey to become pop stars and you take on the role as their stylist. Other characters include people who run the shops in the city, other girls wishing to become models or singers and your quirky uncle Tim. One of my favourite moments has to be this line from Alina who was sick of Michel's (runs a bakery stall) terribly bad puns.




Haven't had the chance to mess around with the hairstyles yet, but there's a few new ones in the game. I do love this fringe in the game, it looks gorgeous. You can take your photos again in the game with a photographer this time instead of a photo studio. The one feature I wish they had put in is the ability to change your outfit easily for photos instead of having to go to your apartment. Thankfully you can take more than one photo at a time now.


I love this fringe!

Example of a photo you can take yourself with the photographer.

There's plenty of awards to unlock in the game which is a fun new addition. At the end of each day in the game, the game will inform you of any awards you achieved. I've got quite a few so far and looking forward to collecting some more. At the end of each day, a screen pops up informing you of the activities of the day. It shows what level of Stylist Rank you are currently at and this is important to level up so you can unlock new features in the game. I'm at about level 40 at the moment and not sure what is the highest level yet.



I'm really enjoying the game so far and it's a relief not having to unlock colours or make-up sets like in Fashion Forward/Style Boutique 2. At the moment, I'm trying to complete the main story line before I fully explore all the features of the game. The online features look amazing with being able to sell your designs online. I will be unlocking the amiibo items soon and I'm looking forward to seeing all the items. I hope Purple Moon opens soon as I want to see if there is any new costume items. I've seen one character wearing the flight attendant outfit, so that's definitely in the game again.

No comments:

Post a Comment