Sunday 11 March 2018

30 Day Outfit Challenge Day 11: Items You Never Wear

Today was finally the time I could wear some clothing items I would never usually wear. The theme for today was 'Go outside your comfort zone and pick an item you would never usually wear'. Whilst there are lots of items I never wear in the game, there is a certain reason why I never wear these particular items together. The items I'm talking about are the long jackets from brands like Marble Lily and Raven Candle and any skirt/dress that has shaped to the body (i.e. bell shaped or comes out a fair distance from the body). When you wear the jacket with these types of skirts and dresses, it pushes the shape of the skirt/dress down and deflates the look of it. I know the game mechanics probably just aren't designed to give a realistic look, but it just drives me mad how horrible it looks and that's why I never wear or sell these items together. It's a shame as Marble Lily and Raven Candle have so many of these nice jackets, but you can only really wear them with pants or smaller skirts. Here are some pictures of my character demonstrating how the skirt gets pushed down by the jacket.






4 comments:

  1. I seldom wear those coats for the same reason! I have to be in a "I'm willing to wear this dress deflated" mood most of the time. I guess that's why they gave us those new coats that puff out, so we can still keep the shape of the dress, but the new coats tend to be plainer in design than the existing ones. I do hope they think of a way to work around this in future games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the new ones stick out a bit too much though. And it looks weird how characters have to put their arms out really far when they were them, they almost look like some bizarre doll. There definitely needs to be some development done with the Lolita jackets and cardigans.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I think it's because the devs don't want the characters' arms or bags clipping through the dress, which would look equally bad. Personally, I wouldn't mind a little clipping, I wince every time I see a character standing in an almost T-pose because of her dress.

      Delete
    3. I've noticed when you take photos at NIN10, you can see clipping in certain poses. I've taken photos with bags and hats and there has been some amusing clippings.

      The T-pose thing is just ridiculous. It removes any emotion from the character.

      Delete